Bring JOY & CONNECTION to Students with an Online Dance Workshop & Celebration
As the end of this unprecedented school year approaches, educators across the country are grappling with finding ways to bring some joy and celebration to students who are doing their best to continue learning from home.
Since March, our team of Dancing with Class Teaching Artists have mobilized to serve students through virtual lessons, and now as the end of year approaches, we are working with some of our partners to plan virtual dance parties to help students feel a sense of community as the year draws to a close.
Whether it’s to honor a graduation, or just a celebration of the passing from one grade to another, our virtual dance parties are hosted by a caring and energetic professional Teaching Artist who will facilitate the event with a combination of instruction and movement designed to build a sense of community among your students.
Here's How It Works
To schedule a Virtual Dance Party for your students:
1. A staff member at your school CONTACTS US to review pricing options and schedule the event (note that you are inquiring about a “virtual dance party” in the comment field on the form).
2. Once the event is booked, your hosting teacher sets up a virtual meeting on your’s school’s preferred video-conferencing platform (Google Meet, Zoom, etc).
3. Your hosting teacher invites students to attend the party and invites them to vote on what line dances they want to learn (example of choices include: Latin, Hip-Hop, Disco, Swing/Charleston & more).
4. Your staff connects with our Dancing with Class Teaching Artist a few days before the party to do a “tech check” and go over the plan.
On the Day of the Party:
1. Your hosting teacher starts the live meeting and our Teaching Artist joins as a visiting guest artist
2. Our Teaching Artist will greet students and lead them in the following activities:
* Icebreaker to welcome students to the event
* Instruction for 1-3 different line dances, spanning a range of dance/music genres. Instructor will break down steps, answer questions, and then lead the class through a group “performance” of the routine
* Cool down and reflection in which students are encouraged to set an intention to take something positive with them from the experience
Send us an inquiry to get started (note that you are inquiring about a “virtual dance party” in the comment field on the form). A member of our team will follow up to discuss pricing, scheduling and other details.